Monthly Shooting Assignment - Nov/Dec 2009: The End
We're all headed there, or thought we've already been there, or will wake up one day when we least expect it and suddenly find ourselves there. A few will temporarily fight their way back from it, while the rest of us will be quickly swallowed up and forgotten because of it. Since all people, places and things good and bad must eventually arrive there and suffer it, the Nov/Dec 2009 assignment is, quite simply,
Please interpret and render as you see fit - literally, figuratively, conceptually, or by whatever other definition you choose. Results for the assignment are due by the final tick of the clock in the last time zone on the planet for the year 2009.
Best of luck,
P.S. For first-timers wishing to give this a try, the following standard procedures carried forward from previous assignments should be helpful:
(1) Take note of the MSA assignment, which will be inserted into the title of this thread.
(2) Take your photo(s) according to the assignment guidelines. Try to shoot something new rather than grabbing from your archives.
(3) You can post your photo in the MSA Gallery or, you can host your photo elsewhere and link to it in this thread, or, you can post it as an attachment to a message here in this thread and it will show as a clickable thumbnail.
(4) It's all for fun, there are no prizes, but at the end of the MSA, a previous winner will choose a new assignment and a new "victim" to lead the MSA in a couple of months time (it's not really monthly).
(5) How to upload: the same as in the standard gallery, press the "'All subscriber galleries", you find a drop-down menu and press the Monthly Shooting Asignment, thats it.
And two additional hints about uploading your photographs...
(6) If you aren't a subscriber, you cannot upload to the galleries. You'll need to attach your image to a post in this thread. Of course, it is a much better idea to subscribe instead ; and
(7) If you start out by uploading to the Monthly Shooting Assignment gallery, the system won't give you the chance to fill in the data fields that all the other galleries offer - i.e. to list the film and developer, location, and the other suggested information. If you like to list that information, just upload the photograph to a standard gallery, and then "edit" the upload. During the edit, you can change the gallery it is stored in.