Triangle Lawn

Egg!

After the Shower

Poets Inspiration

Pictures at an Exhibition

Light Switches

White Lines

Artist's Statement:
I have been interested in photography since my school days, my first serious attempt was in the late 1960's after joining a local camera club. It was there that i fell in love with monochrome, and have been processing my own silver gelatin prints ever since.I admire the work of Michael Kenna, David Fokos, David Burdeny, Denis Olivier and Simon Marsden, all of which and others have influenced me in recent years. I try not to interfere with the subject that is to be photographed, and manipulate the image only by traditional burning in and dodging. I love walking through Welsh hills and wooded valleys in fine weather and foul, seeing the light change throughout the day is sometime quite magical, and feel privileged to have experienced it. My photographs are all taken in or near South Wales, UK, and are of varying subject content.
  Technical Information:
Many of the images in my portfolio are copies of my 16 X 12 inch camera club competition and exhibition work which was printed from 35mm negatives. Most of my images were produced using a Pentax Spotmatic SP with SMC Takumar 28mm f3.5, 35mm f2, 55mmf1.8, and 105mm f2.8. and Tamron SP 17mm f3.5, 200mm f3.5, 70-210 f3.5, 300mm f5.6 and the Tamron 2x converter. Recently i have used two Canon A1's with a 28-85mm f4 zoom plus the Tamron lenses. I also like using the Bronica SQAi with the 40mm f4 PS, 80mm f2.8 PS and 150mm f4 PS, all of which are supported by a Manfrotto 055c tripod. Film stock for 35mm is Ilford FP4 plus, Fuji Neopan 400 and Kodak Hight Speed Infrared, for 120 roll film i again use Ilford FP4 plus, Fuji Neopan 400 and Konica IR750. All my films are developed in Ilford ID11 at a dilution of 1 to 1. Negative contrast is controlled by varying the exposure and development time to suit the subject contrast, greater control is achieved using Ilford Multigrade papers which are then sometimes split grade printed, selective burning and dodging may also be required.

Contact Details:
You may contact me at phd72@hotmail.com
  Links:
http://www.hardingdavies.co.uk

All work copyright © 2013 Peter H Davies

All content copyright © 2013 - Having any problems? Click here to let us know.
APUG Portfolios are a service of the APUG.ORG photography community, click here to learn more.