Aloe acutissima var. acutissima, Malibu, CA, 2007

Agave attenuata

Dudleya pulverulenta, Walker Basin, CA, 2009

Agave salmiana var. ferox juvenile, Fallbrook, CA, 2007

Agave attenuata shawii hybrid, Malibu, CA, 2007

Agave, attenuata Boutin Blue, Fallbrook_,

Aloe petricola, Fallbrook, CA, 2008

Artist's Statement:
All the work shown was produced with a 4" x 5", 8" x 10", or 11" x 14" view camera. I use large format cameras because they allow me to slow down and focus on the individual aesthetic qualities of each image while maintaining a level of detail that is difficult to achieve otherwise. The negatives are developed with a pyro staining developer. 8 x 10 and 11" x 14" negatives are translated into contact prints by placing the negative directly on the paper then exposing the paper to a light source. Most 4 x 5 negatives are enlarged to an 8 x 10 print with the use of a photographic enlarger. The prints are archivally processed, toned, and washed on a double-weight, fiber-based, silver gelatin paper. I use a selenium toner for it's archival qualities and slight deepening of the blacks. The prints are then mounted and matted to a 100% acid-free archival mat board. Each print is signed and numbered in editions of 30.
  Technical Information:

Contact Details:
ted@tedyeager.com
  Links:
http://www.tedyeager.com

Print Sales: Click here to view a selection of my prints for sale. I currently have 20 print(s) listed.

All work copyright © 2013 Ted Yeager

All content copyright © 2013 - Having any problems? Click here to let us know.
APUG Portfolios are a service of the APUG.ORG photography community, click here to learn more.