Traditional Photography Portfolio by Marj Clayton 

. Title: Forday smokes: Forday began smoking dope at the age of 10. To help pay for it he would use the breakfast money his mother gave him and when that was not enough he would sneak chickens from his parents and sell them in town.

Title: Mas dreads: ‘There is a certain amount of danger in having dread locks as some police do not like the impression it gives. My friends and I have been detained and beaten and before they let us go they shaved all the hair off our heads’.

Title: Lamin & his Mom and Sedia: Lamin’s mother finds it difficult making ends meet and relies on her son to help supplement her income. After school and on weekends Lamin goes to the beach to sell mint.

Title: Laugh: In stitches the boys found me a great source of amusement but what actually sparked their hysteria was kept to them selves.

Title: Sedia and poster girl: Many young men and women dream of finding foreigners to marry with hopes they’ll be rescued from their life of poverty.

Title: Sedia and poster girl: Many young men and women dream of finding foreigners to marry with hopes they’ll be rescued from their life of poverty.

All work copyright © 2013 Marj Clayton

All content copyright © 2013 - Having any problems? Click here to let us know.
APUG Portfolios are a service of the APUG.ORG photography community, click here to learn more.