Traditional Photography Portfolio by Alex Gard 

Symmons Plains, Tasmania

Artist's Statement:
Merchant seafarer by trade, born October 1987. I have found a great love & passion for film photography in the last year or so, selling all my digital equipment to move entirely to analogue. I am fortunate enough to do seasonal trips to Antarctica, which I have done for the last 3 years. This started & spurs my passion for photography. I get infinite gratification from shooting film and find the process challenging, rewarding and nurturing of creative instinct. Please enjoy my photos and feel free to get in touch with me. Please keep in mind that APUG's image resolution is very low. Full-res images can be seen on my flickr.
  Technical Information:
I use a Chamonix 045-f1 field camera with lenses between 90mm and 360mm, a Tachihara 8x10 Field camera up to 420mm and a Hasselblad 500c/m with lenses from 50mm to 500mm, all of these using various filters. After some experimentation I have found I really like Ilford and Foma films. At this stage I am only scanning my negatives on an Epson V700. I have no room for a darkroom to print but hope to be doing this in the near future.

Contact Details:
oo.agar@gmail.com
  Links:
Blog
Flickr

All work copyright © 2013 Alex Gard

All content copyright © 2013 - Having any problems? Click here to let us know.
APUG Portfolios are a service of the APUG.ORG photography community, click here to learn more.