Rollei 35 LED
Hello. I'm in San Francisco and I have a Rollei 35 LED that is missing the battery cover that screws in at the top. Can anyone recommend a source to find another one? I've looked on ebay for a parts camera and no luck so far. Thanks for any leads. Dana
harry fleenor down in manhatten beach, near la, should be able to supply one.
Also, DAG camera repair has a huge parts inventory, he says his web site only shows 10 percent of what he has from a wide variety of brands.
It'd be worth giving Glass Key in the Lower Haight a call. He has boxes of various cameras in various states of repair and such-
Have you tried covers from other cameras? I've had luck with a Pentax battery cover on a Nikon. Not sure what the Rollei 35 LED cover looks like, but in the manual it has a rather typical look to it.
Thanks for the suggestions - will contact.
Thanks all - was able to buy one from Harry Fleenor.
Just to add to this conversation, a few things about this model:
- First off, the battery is only necessary for the meter. That's true of any of the Rollei 35 models, except for the B35, which has a selenium meter and requires no battery.
- When you use the meter with a Rollei 35, try to point it slightly toward the ground or straight ahead. Don't point it upward, as the sky will affect the meter reading.
- In general, I think the models with the Triotar aren't as sturdy as those with this Tessar or Sonnar. They use too much plastic and just lack a solid feel to them.
- Don't force anything on a Rollei 35, particularly the film advance lever. You can damage some of the internal gearing, especially on those with the Triotar.
- The shutter must be tensioned (cocked) before the lens can be collapsed.
- The Triotar is a decent lens. I don't think it's as good as a Tessar, but by f/8 you probably won't notice a difference.
Good luck with the camera. They are a lot of fun to use and certainly very compact and unobtrusive.
IMHO Triotar is the best lens on small Rolleis and oldest Rolleis. I have 3 Sonnar and I could not warm them. Triotar is an line catching monster and even sky is like cut with a razor. Dont underestimate , you have one of the best lenses ever.