Thats one of the things to be decided. I'm thinking either Dick Creek or some place around Fort Mountain.Quote:
Originally Posted by jp80874
Anybody much interested in doing a shoot in the mountains anytime soon? With the holiday season winding down this is a good time to start making plans.
I'm game if we can plan something 2-3 weeks out. Let's figure out a locale and work from there. I'm not familiar with either of the above mentioned places, so I'm game for either.
We have plenty of time. I wanted to get the suggestion out so we can think about what we want to do in time to plan well. Dick Creek is about 20 miles north of Dahlonega off Hwy 19 and Fort Mountain is near Chattsworth.
It would be nice to have a call list for those who find time for a spur of the moment thing and would like company for it. But thats another line of thought entirely.
NOt a bad line of thought, Gary. I almost gave you a ring last weekend, with the fog and all, but then decided I didn't have enough time... I need to get out soon so i can hopefully print some negs for an exchange group.
We are thinking of taking the camper out this weekend somewhere if you want to join us for some shooting. Just need to decide where to go thats wild enough to suit us.
Well, I had to work Saturday, but we knocked off at lunch time so we left for the Chattsworth area to find Mill Creek Falls and log some GPS coords for the area. We also found the parking area to get to Panther Creek Falls and logged that but its a good six mile hike over some difficult terrain. My wife is not capable of handling that so I'm going to need another hiking companion to make it to that one. You really do need to have company for this hike because this is bear and wild hog country and an extra set of eyes is a very good idea.
Mill Creek Falls is more a steep sloping run over most of it and not easy to get a good shot of. We were fortunate to arrive when the light was really good and I got off a half dozen shots before the direct light faded. I will probably go to the dungeon and torture the film tomorrow so I may have something to show for it in a few days.
Got some images up in the Standard Gallery if you are interested.
Ok, so this thread has languished long enough. I say we just pick a date and go, otherwise it'll be 90 degrees + before we know it. I know my next 2 weekends are open, though next week might be a bit quick for enough people to juggle. How about we plan into the "mountains" either Sat 15th or Sun 16th? I don't much care where we go, what we shoot, I just want to get out of my routine and expose some film. Wish I didn't always have to schedule for reasonable chunks of time - oh well. Who's game?