Hi!

I'm the proud owner of a Rolleiflex 2.8 D. It is a great MF camera to bring around for portrait and street photography. The only things I've found a little frustrating are maybe the lack of an internal meter and the fixed "standard" angle of view.

There are situations where I would really benefit of a wider angle and situations where a short tele could be helpful.

As far as I know there are adapters made by Rollei - the wide mutar and the tele mutar - which transform the 80mm in a ~55mm or a ~135mm. Although I have never seen a picture made with such adapters, apparently they have a good reputation. Bottom line: they're not easy to find and each cost as much as another TLR camera in excellent conditions... Speaking of, there are also Wide-Rollei and Tele-Rollei cameras, but they sell for over 1000-1500/$ when you find one...

Is there some solution to get a wider or shorter angle on a Rolleilfex TLR without too much loss of definition and image quality? I realize that often quality doens't mean "cheap", but I wouldn't really spend too much money just for some "collector's item"...

Regards