</span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jorge @ Apr 30 2003, 04:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Instead of doing one and then the other, why dont you run both exposures on the same paper.
</td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'>
I used to do this but is always seems to confuse me. If an image is worth printing, it is worth running the tests. I always run the blue light first. It really doesn&#39;t matter because photons don&#39;t care who goes first. Those without the Aristo VCL head or the Zone VI two color head The hardest filter you have (magenta) allows you to control the shadow area. After I run that test usually at 5 second intervals, I process and look for the first HINT of black. Next, I make a test print at the time I gleaned from the blue light test print. Then I go back and turn on the green light and make another test on the blue light exposure. Low contrast filters (yellow as soft as you can get yellow #0 works just fine) will control the high light. Look for the highlight with this exposure and then go back and try out your times by making a print. IF you need to adjust the shadow or the highlight do so by varying the time of that filter. I would only adjust one light at a time. If you are printing with the yellow and magenta filters you are working in the subtractive method the blue and green is the additive method. There are those who will tell you that you can achieve the same print quality with one exposure and one filter but that has not been my experience. I have used this method for about 6 years and I now do every print this way. If I can help answer questions please feel free to contact me and I will try and answer your questions.

lee&#092;c