Ray Rogers, the link didn't work? The link basically goes to the last relevant page, you need to go back several chapters for the goods. There's some really good stuff in there. Apparently, in theory, a Lippmann should transmit the complementary colors of what it reflects. R Shaffer, do you notice this at all in your examples?

Also, it says that pictures made w/o the mercury reflector are "necessarily dull". Bummer considering that's what we're doing. Lastly, it talks about the possibility of reproducing Lippmann photographs, particularly by projection onto another plate, which is the first I've heard of this. I don't think it's effective in practice however. Anyways, I highly recommend reading it, it's the best historical overview on the topic that I've read to date.

And lastly, I can only say that I strongly encourage Lionel1972 to get with Ray Rogers and translate those files. That would be truly incredible, and might make these papers available to English speakers for the first time! I'll do anything to facilitate, although I don't know what that would be, other than applauding from the side lines.