Good morning, MagKelly;

The Vivitar 3000S. Hmmmm. I am not sure. I do know that there is a Vivitar V3800N available new right now for less than $200. It is a manual camera and the specifications make me think that it is using a Copal Square shutter. It probably is made by Cosina.

I am speaking from the point of view of someone who does have a Cosina made Vivitar 450/SLD 35mm camera which has an M42 lens mount. I accepted the expense of having a CLA done on it because it does have the Copal Square metal vertically moving shutter inside it. So does my Nikon Nikomat FTN. So far, it has been working well for me. I do have a problem to fix with the light meter, but the rest of the camera is working well. This does seem to be a camera that is a reasonable camera for a student or someone who wants a manual backup camera or someone who wants a camera that he can work with, and not something that is designed to do everything for him. There really are people who like doing things for themselves. I think that the Vivitar V3000S is one of those kind of cameras.