Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
So, is this a print scanner, or does it scan film?
This is a flatbed scanner - for prints.

This was a top-of-the-line scanner, with different, interchangeable lids available, e.g., an auto-feed mechanism to scan a pile of documents unattended. The scanner for sale here has a blank, white surface under the lid, so that the base functions only as a flatbed. I have another scanner with a base identical to the one for sale, but with a transparency lid mounted - it has a lamp inside, and can be used to scan negatives.

Why do I have two of these scanners? Because I had the same question as you, and bought the wrong one first.