Very interesting - exactly the stuff I'm interested in ...

Vac. sealed ?? that's a new one to me - I have seen a vacuum heat press in action however, something used to heat activate and seal two glued surfaces - is that what you mean? Or the void between the ilfochrome and the glass is a vacuum ? I would have thought that it'd be impossible to seal (so I'm guessing I'm not right ?) - maybe pumping in some nitrogen (?) but again, how do you seal it over time...

I too find it hard to sign my images - I once left a test/throw away image behind in the garage of a place my partner was housesitting (I had set up a temp Pt/Pd process chain in there) - she liked it so much she had it framed and wanted me to sign it, but as it was a bad print in my eyes I especially didn't feel compelled to sign it above my usual 'why should I have to sign it anyway?' bafflement - my handwriting varies so much on any given day I'm scared it'll go into jerky unbalanced generally unappealing mode.

Anyways, short story even shorter - I got my friend to sign my name for me, his handwriting is consistently flamboyant and arty - HA HA

I feel like if I were a famous photographer with people speculating on my prints in the tens or hundreds of thousands I'd then refuse to sign my photographs for another reason - I'd like to think the buyer were buying it for the sake of the photography itself, or maybe for the intrinsic object of the print itself but not simply with an eye for a return in the future (in which I get no share) ... A lack of signature might go someway to work in my favour here - a bit off topic however :rolleyes: