Image 6 shows the 8 x 10 camera in placed with the front and rear beds down. Note that you need the rear bed to make this enlarger work because of the extension needed to do your enlargements. The camera bed sits on the base between the two pieces of masonite.

Image 7 shows the camera front and rear extended to about the normal working positions for enlarging an 8 x 10 negative up to about an 11 x 14 print. The camera back is extended to the back of the rear bed and pushed up against the vertical panel frame piece.

Image 8 shows my negative carrier - a simple 8 x 10 film holder with the center paper septum cut out to be just a little smaller than the film. The film holder is the type that has the removable wood/metal frame that holds the negative in place. The holder is just inserted into the camera back as you normally would.

Image 9 shows my home made adjustable easel mounted on the darkroom door. Note that the distance from the front of the base to the Darkroom door is probably less than 3'. The easel is built to accommodate 16 x 20 film and also with a couple of spacer blocks accommodate my 11 x 14 enlarging easel. Horizonal movement of the negative is done on this easel. Vertical movement of the negative is done with the vertical rise/fall of the camera front. General focusing of the image is done manually pushing the camera/vertical panel/cold light head forward and backward. Fine tuning of the focusing is done with the horizontal adjustement of the camera front.

This easel look like of complicated and it probably is (I got a little carried away). You can also probably use a piece of steel and magnets to hold your paper in place. I believe I saw such a steel unit with magnets on Freestyle Photo's website.

Image 10 shows the front of the camera with the 300 mm Rodenstock enlarging lens.

One final photo to follow.