8 x 10 enlarger
Final image shows the whole enlarger set up for printing. Note that since there are no bolted connections between the cold light head, the vertical panel assembly, and the camera back, there are light leaks. To remedy that, I just throw a big piece of fabric over it all to block out all the leaking light.
The enlarger works beautifully. It is a little awkward while at the same time reaching back to adjust the fine tune focusing on the camera front, but it does work. Luckily I have long arms. However, this would be an issue with any horizontal enlarger.
There was nothing I had to do physically to the camera so it is still completely usable for photography work. One thing you need to do is if the ground glass on the camera back has clipped corners, you need to remove it. Otherwise you will get darker diagonal corners in your print if you print full frame.
After I got the Cold Light head and picked up two enlarger lenses, the total cost of the whole enlarger was less than $20. The Enlarger lenses I got were a 240mm Nikon and the 300mm Rodenstock. I tried my 360mm G Claron in it, and to get a large enough image for enlarging, I needed about 3 more feet in the darkroom (didn't have it). That would also have put the easel too far away from the camera for me for easy focusing. Just about everything you see here I had laying around my workshop and really only had to buy the hinge and brackets on the base plus a few screws.
The cold light head is supposedly from an old Durst Enlarger. It is made by Reinhel. It is a real beast with it's own separate power supply (on top in the photos) and the whole unit weighs about 40 pounds. However, it has it's own internal fan and runs on 110 volts so it works great for this project.
Feel free to ask questions if you have any.