Quote Originally Posted by guitstik View Post
I have been doing a little research on these and there are certainly some advantages to using it but the one major drawback I see is that I would have to buy more holders and from what I have seen that means buying the back that comes with it. That's all fine and dandy if I use it on my 'cord but if I buy several sets that means I have to buy more Rollei's to fit them to. It's the old "we-got-new-curtains-now-we-need-new-furniture-to-go-with-them-but-now-the-carpet-doesn't-match-the-new-furniture-now-we-need-new-curtains" syndrome. It's a vicious cycle that just keeps on going. I'm thinking about keeping them but is there any way to replace the old felt?
Micro-Tools has a lot of materials for camera restoration. Here is a link for Light Flocking: http://www.micro-tools.com/store/P-L...0mmx250mm.aspx
I have put new seals in all my film holders because they were very deteriorated. Mine were foam, which gets gooey, and then crumbly. Leaves dirt all over and doesn't seal any more. It's not hard to replace this stuff.