Hi there,

I am working on making a warm tone chlorobromide & cadmium emulsion for coating to paper.

I am wondering if i can use a magnetic stirrer hotplate to make the emulsion? i could easily use a 3000ML beaker and a long egg shape stirrer as i already have tese.

Should i be looking at overhead stirring and using the hotplate for providing the heat to ripen the emulsion or will the mag stirrer work?

I already have the mag stirrer hotplate but i am concerned that the emulsion will not mix properly due to the random nature of the stirring.