When photographing a wedding, what do people choose to wear? I've photographed a couple of weddings now as the 'official photographer', and I've always wore a suit (or shirt, tie and waistcoat at least as the jacket is often too restrictive) but I've been to several weddings this year as a family\friend guest and I've noticed the photographer has often wore an unobtrusive 'smart t-shirt' (polar neck with company name on the chest) or similar outfit - much more comfortable and practical and equally highlights him as the Official Photographer which, these days, with so many people owning DSLR's, seems to be increasingly difficult!) Equally, other weddings the photographer has been suited and booted so I don't really know what the norm is?

I have a series of smart black polar neck t-shirts and sweaters with 'Ted Smith Photography' across the back that I wear at less formal occasions. I'm not sure if this would be suitable for a wedding though?

What do you guys wear when photographing a wedding as the official photographer?

Ted