Thanks for the info, everyone.

Developing isn't new to me, I used to do it all the time in high school, but always used the school's gear. There are a few reasons why I'm reluctant to develop it myself...I recently returned to school to finish my degree and moved back with my parents. The older he gets, the more weird stuff my dad gets worried about, so storing all the chemicals here might not be the best idea (he gets worried about flammables in the house)...plus, I foresee troubles on the whole front of converting the laundry room into a darkroom. I'd rather not piss them off any more than I have to. Also, the money I'd put towards buying all the developing equipment/chemicals, I'd rather put towards more bodies/lenses or a scanner (I know that eventually they'll pay for themselves, but since I haven't shot B&W in over 10 years, I don't know how much of it I'd actually end up shooting. So I don't want to buy all the gear and then realize that I'm not as interested in B&W as I thought I was). Since I'm getting everything scanned (and hoping to get my own scanner soon) it's VERY easy to convert any photo into B&W, I know, I know, it's not the same, but sometimes practicality has to win for reasons mentioned above.

I might try this at my girlfriend's place...but currently we're living 1.5hrs from each other, so that'll likely have to wait for a bit.

Oh yes, and I live in Nanaimo, BC and travel to Victoria BC all the time, I really should put that on my profile.