</span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Ed Sukach @ May 8 2003, 01:14 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Hmm... interesting.&nbsp; What material is used for the elements of this lens?</td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'>
Ed,
I don&#39;t know many specs of that lens. It most probably has normal optical glass. From the name, I would derive that it is a four-element design (which absorbs less UV than a six- or seven element). However, the lens has a strange coating. The MC coatings of Zeiss lenses from a current Apo-Sonnar to 60&#39;s Luminar usually have all the same look. This one looks like being neither single nor multi-coated. It has a yellow-brownish reflection.
I have to be more precise about the term "passes UV light seamless". I have not performed any scientific measurements on that and "UV-light" is a flexible term. I have done some experiments with a 390nm bandpass filter and it worked well. The lens might not pass 300nm. I don&#39;t know.