</span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dnmilikan @ May 8 2003, 01:11 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>It seems to me as if there are archetypical symbols that are universal in effect. </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'>

Yes. However, every culture has not only its own symbols, but may as well have a different interpretation of each other&#39;s symbols.

</span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dnmilikan @ May 8 2003, 01:11 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>In other words, what do my images, the nature and content of them, communicate to me?</td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'>

An almost religious question. There has always been something that moved you to press the shutter. It might have been an impression (e.g. of a landscape) or it might have been your expression (e.g. a still life you have arranged). But it is always something personal. Your pictures are a means to learn something about yourself.