Quote Originally Posted by henrysamson View Post
I made my first prints from the production Lodima last week using 3 ml/liter of KBr and the color is not warm enough. That is what I used for Azo and was very pleased with the results. It also worked for the test run of Lodima from a couple of years ago. The new Lodima prints looked a little "off" and when I held them up to some Azo prints of mine (and some M&P Azo prints I have) the difference was obvious.

I need to run some tests with increasing amounts of KBr to see what works. How much have you had to use to get the color you like?

Thanks!
I don't mix up a 10% solution, I just crush up the KBr and add it right to the amildol. I use about 2 grams in 500ml (I've been printing mostly 4x5's lately). This is a significant increase... I also use 5 grams of amidol in 500ml, this was originally intended to make up for what I felt was lost in filtering the Chinese amidol through a coffee filter but might also be compensating for the extra KBr.... I don't know the science, just what looks good to me. =)

All the best. Shawn