Quote Originally Posted by Perry Way View Post
I live in San Luis Obispo. If Bakersfield drives you crazy with the heat, stay away from any inland location along the Central Coast (inland is different than coastal valley like San Luis Obispo), they are just as hot but not as often. I'd give the inland locations around an 80% chance of having the same hot weather as Bakersfield! So stay away from Atascadero, Santa Margarita, Paso Robles, San Miguel. You mentioned Cayucos. That's a great location if you're interested in actually enjoying the beach most of the summer. Morro Bay is often overcast or solid fogged in even on days when Cayucos is not because they say Cayucos is a south facing beach but that's not true, its a west facing beach that generally has a slight southern exposure, but that's enough combined with the coastal range behind it to keep it less foggy there.

Anyway, I'm a local. When you get here and want to hook up sometime, just send a message!
Awesome info! Thank you very much!

I guess I have a couple more questions that are both on and off topic for various reasons.

While visiting a friend in Cayucos, I checked out SLO, Morrow Bay and Pismo. They all seemed like wholesome towns, but a friend said that at least in SLO, there's a lot of crime. I'm not really afraid to move there (or anywhere), but what is it really like in these towns? Are there many homeless people? I don't mean to sound bad, but homeless people make excellent models. Plus a lot of them are intellligent, interesting people who have excellent life stories. Worth throwing them a few bucks and buying them a meal in exchange for being allowed to shoot a couple rolls and get your ear talked off.