</span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Aggie @ May 8 2003, 03:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Well, I like to photograph old decaying and junk, throw in a good measure of sh** and you have me. What kind of symbols and images does that say about me? </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'>
I am facinated with ruins ... of course ruins in California are decaying abandoned structures from 60 or 70 years ago. I shot some photos today of a diner made from stones just outside of Las Vegas. it was at least 200 sq feet inside and there were four stone cottages with fireplaces all about 100 sq feet. The wind was blowing the doors open and shut and cats were wandering around inside. I figure it was abandoned when the freeway went in (40 years ago?) and people didn&#39;t stop 30 minutes from Vegas to stay in a tiny little place. This was really a pre-shoot. Kind of like circling the wagons, I go in and shoot a roll all around just to get the feel of the images of the place. Then I go back with more camera and more time (less wind) and make the shot I really want. I want the place to look dignified - those that built it made a really cool place - I don&#39;t want it to become completely ephemeral art. But it is what it is - memories of a diferent time - in decay.
Frank