Thanks for the kind words, fellows! I decided to approach the session as I normally would - new negatives and see what happens.

Speed: Foma seems to be about "2 paper towels" faster than Lodima. I clip 1 paper towel across the reflector around my clear 75 watt bulb with Lodima. I had to add 2 papper towels to get my exposure times up to around a 15 to 20 second base exposure.

Color: I used 1 gram of KBr in 500ml with 1 extra gram of amidol (Chinese) as compared to the MAS version. Color was warm similar to lodima but not quite the same. I always have a hard time describing colors so I'm not going to...

General behavior: Developed in 1 minute, worked fine with a water bath. SLIGHT curl but flattened out very quickly when wet. Dried fairly flat. I cut 8x10 sheets down to 4x5 using a RotoTrim and the edges were fine. They did not flake at any point.

Contrast: Can't be certain of the grade as I printed new negs but I would GUESSTIMATE it to be somewhere between 2.5 and 3.

Toning: This stuff takes on color FAST with KRST. I usually tone at 1:50 for 3 or 4 minutes. I pulled these prints at two minutes. Next time I will pull slightly earlier or tone at 1:100.

Intangibles: nice long scale, easy to make prints. Dodges retained micro contrast and burns were easy and not hard to cloak - not that they were extensive by any measure. Slippery Rock Creek #2 was exceptionally easy to print. Exhaust Fan was a rather crazy lighting situation and it was relatively simple to print, just a few large burns and one quick dodge.

Major downside to Fomalux 111 = Only one grade!!!

Of course I'm no scientist, my opinions are based on completely subjective criteria. I like how the prints look, I'd be proud to show them. That's what matters to me. I've received INVALUABLE information here at APUG and simply hope my initial thoughts might be useful to someone else. Of course if I've missed something or anyone has a question I'll do my best to answer.

Shawn