</span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (docholliday @ May 9 2003, 12:08 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I tried the laser pointer idea about 2 years ago and I realized how rude it was to point a laser diode at somebody&#39;s face when you want to focus for the eyes&#33; (not to mention how pissed off somebody gets from the 1mw laser in their eyes&#33 </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'>
Yep - I guess that would be pretty rude&#33; I never used one (laser pointer) for portraits. Portraits either get hot lights or my big strobes that have really decent modeling lamps in them. I had to laugh about the laser on the forhead though - Bad plan indeed. I did a few weddings - I think it would take an enormous amount of money or a very weak moment for me to accept one again. When i do portraits, it is not for them (although I give them a favorite) - It is strictly for what the portrait is for me - like a landscape or still life. Most of the portraits I do are LF. They know it will be a lot of holding still and waiting for me to get it just right. And that there will be a lot of light on them in the process. Often my DOF is less than 1/2 inch in a portrait - so they need to be very relaxed - I need that closest eye to be right on. It is what I like right now anyway.