The double-coat in this case was definitely effective at snapping up the Dmax and improving mid-tone contrast, at the sacrifice of my highlights. All I need to do in this case now is to bring the highlights up back to near-white. I tried doing a pure platinum print but that didn't work very well - I used the same drop count I would have used for a palladium, and at the same time as my palladium print, it looked like it was about 2 stops underexposed and needed about double the coating solution - you could see brush marks in the image area. I'm using Bergger COT320 for my paper so I doubt it's a paper issue.