SO annoying...re-typing a disappeared post. Anyway, I talked to a few other people who live in Asia and they said they are still dumping the chemicals down the drain (D76 users). One person said the reason was NOT as I thought--that the amount of chemicals vs. amount of water in a large city system was not enough to matter--but that the chems themselves are no more harmful than normal household cleaners. True? Of course, this person lives in Beijing so...he also has the ratio on his side. I will be bringing R09 for my slower films, but really prefer D76 for Tri-x and Neopan 1600.

TheFlyingCamera, I'm not there yet but asked someone who's lived in Mae Sot 6 years and she could only think of one lab and said they were awful (destroyed some of her film). Also I don't speak Thai (yet) so I don't know how soon I can get this concept across... my previous experience is that very few people in Mae Sot's shops/restaurants speak English. Or at least, they don't speak it to me because they think I'm Thai...