Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
. . . .

On a more practical note, see if you can make an adapter to take standard 5x4 darkslides, I've made an adapter for a roll-film back that slips in like a plate holder on my Quarter plate, there may be enough room to do similar with your camera. Then I made a second lens board to use a more modern lens. . . .

Ian
I'm more inclined to try and use the original plate holders, if possible. At first glance, they look like they'ld be perfect for both 4x5 film and paper negatives with no alteration to the holder. Just drop in the film, drop in a backing board, put the septum in, and repeat for the other side. I'll realize the difficulties in actual practice. It can't be any worse than loading my ol'drop-plate camera.

I'm not a big fan of roll film, not at all. Sheet film keeps me engaged. I can make a single exposure, and then get right on with developing and printing . . . all in the same afternoon. Whereas with roll-film, it can take me several weeks to expose a roll of film. Otherwise, I'm just wasting roll-film so that I can move on to the developing stage.