I think that it is absolutely wonderful that Fuji decides to produce high end film cameras in a time where the people making the products seem very disconnected to what is actually going on in the market, I mean...sure it's perfectly normal for a big company to produce whatever the masses wants (digital dslr boom) and of course this is where they can make profit. But - looking at work by most of todays contemporary photographers - it's really easy to see that film is the prefered medium. Right now the market is still flooded with secondhand gear - but in 10 years time this will not be the case. I know several photographers whos only chance to keep producing what the want with what they like is to go and buy 5 or even 8 of the same camera. These are secondhand and will break - and when they do; no repairs are available. Therefore NEW cameras is needed.

But...When the price for a new 6x7/6x6 camera turns out to be somewhere around 2.500USD I can imaging the interrest in buying one drops tremendously with most photographers. This, I think, is mainly due to the fact that something very similar can still be bought used. Artists using analogue gear are used to lower prices.

As mentioned earlier the used gear market will be completely different in 10 years time and there will be a need for new gear - the camera-makers will notice this and start producing. The artists/photographers will start buying.

It is my most honest opinion that the analogue market will see changes much like we have seen with the vinyl records in the past years. When digital came with the cd and later the mp3 this was all that the manufactures concentrated on and all the consumers wanted. New, faster, smaller etc. Professionals kept using the vinyl (DJs etc) due to the fact that the medium holds qualities that digital don't. A couple of decks (players) was available, like the technics 1210 but that was about it. Now, in just a few years people have embraced the qualities once more. More and more music is released on vinyl and still more and more shops sell it. More and more people are buying vinyl and the now dozens of different players/decks are once more avaible. This is quite parallel to the life of analogue photography. At least in my opinion.