I have had considerable interest in the beta release of the rewritten Selective Masking CD, and Phototechnique magazine will be running an abbreviated version in three parts in the coming months. In my quest to fine-tune the writing and illustrations by the end of the year, I am offering two 3-day workshops on the technique here in my Santa Fe darkroom. The sessions will be at reduced rates as I view them as a collaborative effort, and will be limited to two people for each session (two enlargers Ė any size film up to and including 8◊10!). Iím hoping to learn where instruction and/or writing needs elaboration or clarification.

Thursday through Saturday October 28-30 and November 11-13.

Tuition includes final CD and masking carrier! In addition, you will be sent a beta CD so you can review the material before the workshop.

Rates: $750 per person. Deposit of 20% required to hold a spot.

A quantity-based lab fee wil be charged to cover the cost of paper and materials used. Ideally, you should have a laptop computer of your own with a relatively recent version of Photoshop. You can use a computer of mine if you canít bring your own, and I will provide scanner and inkjet printer for digital masks.

Contact me to register!