Quote Originally Posted by w9cae View Post
Guys not sure if my idea to put my print in the MCC comp was a good idea. In the past most of the judges dont even know what an analog print is. Last night there was a judge problem. So Andrew the guy from AAPP came back, he is a good talker. But after last night personally I feel he lacks any technical knowledge in photography. So devastated at comments he made about my print. Now I feel like your all going to get a real dud from me.
Unfortunately, those of us who have been part of the photographic club scene have been there and believe me, it doesn't make it any easier. I really feel for you, as what I thought was my best image last year had the dignity of getting a score of a one. The judge even said that it was a waste of ink (it was a digital print, but that is not the point).

The worse thing you can possibly do is get hung up on it. I know, as I have realised that a bad comment that I received from a judge really made me question my own abilities and it took me a long time to get over it. In reality, I am happy with what I do. I have also come to the realisation that Photography is not a sport, its an art and for a judge to score anything low is a relfection on their own insecurities to accept things that are not normal to them.

Please send the print. Be proud of it!