I'm creating this thread to raise interest and cull resources for hobbyists interested in creating color emulsions. That is, a color film.

Now, I realize that this is a bodacious task, and not one to be taken lightly. I make no bones about it, I've never even made a black & white emulsion! I have however, done a fair bit of reading & research and as they say, it's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of fight in the dog!

So the point of this thread is to start thinking about the best approaches, the availability of certain chemicals and how that might affect a hobbyist's choice of process, and generally to act as a clearing house for information regarding color emulsions.

So, first question. Is anyone out there making color emulsions?

Read post #166 of this thread.... http://www.apug.org/forums/forum205/...-flickr-5.html

Quote, "Since the last post, additional equipment has been installed (multi emulsion delivery system, new drive and pumps etc), this together with much emulsion research to produce the emulsions and blends, interlayers etc for the color reversal film (Kodachrome type) that I am working on has, and still is occupying virtually all my time."

Based off this, it'd be worth getting in touch with PR. (uh oh, PE and now PR!)

If Mannes & Godowsky could do it....