Welcome to APUG, sorry about the circumstances but I hope that won't preclude you from posting here with better news.

The best thing to do would be to disassemble the camera to it's component pieces and try to get as much water off of it with a lint free towel. Make sure to take the batteries out. Some may say to put it in the microwave on low for a few seconds at a time but I would not recommend that course of action. After you get all the water you can out of all the little cracks and crevices stuff the body with lint free paper towels and place it, the lens and the back in an air tight box with a de-humidifier and let it run for a day or two checking it every once in a while and changing out the towels.

Let us know how things work out for you and remember to post some of your work.