Quote Originally Posted by ntenny View Post
The use of mercury vapour for hypersensitisation is quite well known in the astrophotography world---I guess the only question would be whether a pool of mercury at room temperature outgasses enough to do much good. I don't see any special reason to write the claim off as "total BS".

-NT
Oh by no means do I not believe in mercury sensitization. It was merely in reference to breaking a thermometer and letting the film sit next to the mercury as a way to do it.

What's next? Gold from urine?