Quote Originally Posted by Marco B View Post
Sean,

This is the understatement of the year!

I think we can well conclude vBulletin 4.0 was at best a beta, and maybe even an alpha test version released under the false "disguise" of an official version...

On the good side, it means you don't have to take all the blame for the problems that popped up , and your dedication to the site is in my opinion, despite possible delays, without doubt .

I know from personal experience how hard it is to get these things right... and how it may seem nothing happens, while hard work is being done in the background.

Keep up the good work, and lets all hope vBulletin will make it really right in the next couple of v4.x releases.

Marco
Yeah, they took major heat from all vBull owners and nearly lost most of their customer base over the initial 4.x release. They've brought in some new management (heavy hitters) that seem to be steering the ship back on course. The new manager has given us nearly 1,000 bug fixes in 2 months and still has large teams ironing things out. They even had some disgruntled employees leave who started up their own forum company. I considered watching this other company with interest, but it looks like vBulletin are now getting their act together. I would say 4.0.8 will finally have things at a Gold release level, 4.1 will have it at the same quality level that the 3.x series was (which was totally solid). I feel APUG will be running very well by Dec. at the latest. I have my coder finishing up some 4.0.8 work and then putting him on these bug report threads until we clear up most of it.