I have a vintage bakelite manual rewind type of tank that was gifted to me. I would guess it dates to the early 50's. I think it is made by a firm by Morse. I will have more info to dig up, scan and post if you PM me. It will do 100' of film at a time.
It is adaptable to 8mm, 16 mm and 35mm. I got it to develop shots from a long roll film camera. The book that is with it gives guidance as to time, speed of crank, and formulae of developers for different vintage b&w films.
I have dabbled with reversal b&w processing in the past on short paterson rolls. Most of the time it was d-19 with a measured amount of pottasium thoicyanate as a first developer (becomes D-68 I think) Then permanganate or dichromate bleach. Dichromate can be reusable; I used the bleach from a sepia toner formula I have as a usual stock solution. Permanganate- well it did not work as well for me.
I have also got half way though a DIY telecine unit project. I fed a variable speed film projector a 20W 12V halogen bulb in lieu of the usual 250W bulb. It was a Eumig, and I recall it had a low voltage bulb supply to start with. I fired it into a pair of matched convex ( or was it one?) lenses from a theatrical elipsoidal spot (from an old Strand uni that was being tossed when its lamp was no longer made.)
Then I would line up the camcorder to look right into the gate of the projector. I filed the gate to get the full frame, and then would focus the camcorder to capture all of the frame. The next step was to wait for a decent cheap digital camera to come my way and then look into DVD authoring. I have many hours of double 8 Kodachome from both my Father and somewhat less from my Grandfather in law to convert and I am wanting to skip the analog to VHS, since it appears to be now a dead option to the relatives I want to gift this project's outcomes to.
I based the conversion on a Hacked magazine article from maybe 2002 which used a cam in the projector to trigger a repurposed mouse actuation button to do frame captures from a web cam used as the digital input device. I never figired out how the jpeg's were stitched in software to make the thing re-amimate in the digital world.