You know, I've been processing sheet film since 1967, and for the life of me I've never been able to process more than one sheet at a time in a tray because I get uneven development due to bad agitation.

Personally, I only do 1 sheet at time. While this is more time consuming, it is a lot less so than ruining a really good shot and then having to attempt to duplicate it - and some photos, as you know, cannot be duplicated.

My suggestion is not to try and hurry the process unless you feel comfortable using the technique described in View Camera Magazine. Also, I've found that one of the problems with large format tray processing can be not varying the agitation pattern.

My personal method is to rock the tray first front to back; then corner to corner; then side to side; then opposite corner to corner from the previous - then start the pattern over again. I have also found that agitation must be vigorous in order to wash the used developer off the face of the film and replenish the emulsion with developer.

Too gentle agitation and again, you get uneven processing. I have even experimented with putting the film in film hangars and laying two film hangars at a time into the bottom of a larger tray. I found that I had agitation marks associated with edges of the fim hangars. Back to one sheet at a time...

Finally, after years (20) of doing one sheet at a time, I bought a roller base and a daylight loading tank and process my sheet film in a tank. I'm a lot happier, and the film can be processed with the lights turned on so I can do other things while the film is developing and fixing.