While I now use digital entirely, I began my work with landscape lighting photography with a medium format Mamiya. As background, for the last 9 years I've worked for a landscape lighting manufacturer (www.cast-lighting.com). During that time I traveled the country, shooting landscape lighting projects of about a hundred of the best landscape lighting designers. I have about 400 of these images posted in our online photo gallery. I also teach this type of photography in hands-on seminars.

Here's a couple articles I wrote on the subject (although many of the tips are for digital cameras) Landscape Lighting Photography - Advanced Tips; Landscape Lighting Photography: The Day/Night & Before-and-After Shots.

My memories of shooting these images with film are largely painful. The main problem being that very long exposures were required - between 1 and 2 minutes. Given that the best time to shoot was at dusk, I only had about a 15 minute window to get the best shots. With a 2-minute exposure, that doesn't give a lot of time for bracketing. Also, reciprocity failure was a big issue and getting the right exposure was a lot of trial and error.

Another problem was the expense. To get high quality digital scans was about $90 per negative.

Anyway, good luck. I found that the best exposure was measured by putting my grey card directly in the beam of one of the landscape lights (at an angle that mimicked target architectural surfaces. I started at that exposure and bracketed up in 2 stop increments.

Here's one of my early film shots: