Quote Originally Posted by roteague
Last Sunday morning, I hiked up to the top of Makapuu Point (about a 45 minute walk) in the dark in order to be able to photograph the sunrise. The point overlooks the Ka Iwi channel, and the you could see the sun rising behind the islands of Molokai, Maui and Lanai. Stunning!!!
Having posted what I have posted on this subject, I will say that Hawaii is my favorite place on earth. I go twice a year and love it. I have done some landscapes there ( even though landscapes don't do too much for me) and I will say that it is beyond visually stunning. I grew up in the Rockies and that to me is also stunning but not as etherial (sp?) as my Hawaiian experience.

So when I see a Hawaiian landscape the picture is only emotional to me because it triggers the feeling of being there. The sounds, smells, the peace, the serenity of the place.

When I first saw pictures of Hawaii, before going there, it was not emotional. Just beautiful. After being there many times the pictures trigger the emotions that I experienced while I was there.

Michael