I'm the proud new owner of a Pro-TL, which came with a power winder. The winder has a cable release in the shutter trigger, so using a cable release with the grip is not an issue. However, I want the get a manual winder so the camera doesn't take up as much space, not to mention being a wee bit lighter. However, once the grip goes, there is no hole for a cable release, only a button.

I want the sharpest photographs possible, so I've been looking at getting the cable release adapter - it appears to be a small plate that attaches to the camera. But I have no idea how this thing works.

Does somebody have one of these adapters? How does it attach to the camera, and how does it work?

Many thanks!