Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
The same effects one achieves with rear movements are easily achieved on cameras that do not physically have rear movements, as long as the cameras have front movements.
Gee I hope we aren't accused of thread hijacking, getting into another topic than the weight of a Cambo. I am curious how you go about ensuring everything is in focus both near and far without stopping down to f64 and only using front movements. I'm only 1-2 years experienced with view camera movements but it seems to me that front swing and tilt require a huge amount of swing or rise/fall to get the center of the lens image to appear centered on the film plane. For me, rear movements are the single most important function of view cameras because I want to compose the image first, get that all centered, and then adjust rear swing/tilt to bring foreground and background closer in focus so that I don't need to stop down to f64, and without applying any other skewing. Using front movements only might limit your ability to focus near/far if you don't have much in the way of shift or rise/fall.