Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Moxom View Post
Perry, are you sure you really need a fully technical capable view camera in the field???
Yeah, need is not the word. Desire is the proper word here. I have needs, desires and wants. Need is like my land, getting myself squared away so I don't need to pay rent anymore. So that's a need. Desire is having the best of all worlds in terms of a field camera. Technically I have what I need right now if I am not shooting my wide angle Super Angulon, and that is my Korona. But it is not compact. I've been bellyaching about the price of a proper field camera for some time, but I plunked down a lot more cash for other things.

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience on the Canham and the Chamonix. I have seen the Chamonix's on eBay (I think that is where you must buy them new, is that true?) and I have drooled over this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9j7axnQhQWg

I think I'm going to have to hope someone wants to trade, or I'm going to have to wait to get what I really desire. Meanwhile I still have my Korona and my Cambo, so I have choices.