I do freelance audio work. State Farm (homeowner's insurance) wouldn't cover my equipment as it was considered "profession equipment" and wouldn't write me a business policy. I ended up finding another company, but they wouldn't cover me with out a liability component to the policy. While I see the need, in my personal situation I didn't feel that I needed the level of liability that they wanted, as the majority of my work is done my myself alone. After a very detailed letter describing my business environment, they agreed and wrote me a policy with less liability. I guess my point is, you may have to shop around, but some companies are willing to work with you to meet your needs.