Hello to all,
In the Yahoo Group "Carbon Printing" there has been recent discussion about Sandy King's use of Mayer Rods to coat Carbon "Glop" onto support. Carbon Glop is gelatin based . Indeed, my most recent dry plates have been coated using this very old coating method. Mayer Rods, for those who don't know, are SS rods tightly wrapped with a single layer of SS wire. The diameter of the wire determines the coating thickness. The rods are preheated, as is the glop or emulsion.