After a month of lurking on this forum I thought I should say hello and introduce myself.

I'm a large format shooter working in black and white with landscapes, water, buildings and the human figure as my normal subject matter. I have been working with large format cameras since I bought my first one in the fall of my senior year in HS in 1980. I tried some small and medium format cameras during the 80's but always went back to the 4x5. Since the negative were so much easier to print.

About 1989 I was starting to get into some alternative processes, so I made the choice to try shooting 8x10. I fell in love with the format, the negative and contact printing. After a couple of years the 8x10 still wasn't big enough, so 11x14 and 8x20 cameras followed.

During most of the 90's I was printing my work in Platinum/Palladium materials. Now, I am just contact printing my work on silver based materials. Some is printed with Azo, some is printed other papers, depends on what the print needs.

I'm not a big tech guy. The polar ice caps will have reached NJ by the time I ever do a film/developer test again. I did one of those in school, I still don't understand what the big push is for people do them as often as they do. I've seen too many full-toned boring images from people who spend too much time testing materials and not enough time shooting. I'd much rather go out and make images. If that means staying with the same film/developer combinations that have worked for me in the past, I'm ok with that.

Anyway, enough about me, here is a link to my work:
http://www.georgelosse.com

George