Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
When it comes to fixer, most use the same fixer for film and paper, although many use different dilutions (with film fixer being more concentrated).

If you re-use fixer, you shouldn't fix paper in fixer that has previously been used for film (and vice-versa).

I may be the only person I know who uses different stop bath for film and fixer - Kodak for film, and Ilford for paper. I do that because once diluted to working strength Kodak stop bath (acetic acid) is considerably cheaper, but Ilford stop bath (citric acid) smells much better .
I know what you mean about the smells - my hands always smelled horrible after coming out of the darkroom at school. Thanks for the tip about the fixer. I'd just have to go out of the darkroom for a second to put some film fixer into a tray - that's easy enough. I don't think I'll bother using different stop baths - I'll just use what they have there for film. So all in all, I'll be using either a diluted paper or film developer, film stop, and film fix - got it.