I'll add here that my advise is to get started with a temporary and limited setup first. Then, figure out for one's self that what scope of darkroom is best suited for his/her needs and how far he wants to go. One can easily get started in an average size bathroom and a closet. By the time one starts feeling the limitations of such setup, he will know what is required for the type of work he does in his darkroom.

I don't know if OT is talking about actually building a complete darkroom or have a space to setup one in more less a shared multi-purpose environment with his folks. But seems he is in a very fortunate situation. Here's what I do and works for me reasonably well.

In my spare bedroom, I have 3 folding tables each being 30 x 72 arranged in C configuration.

One has two enlargers
The other has misc items such as tools, extra lenses, a microscope, etc
The third has a large plastic tub with 4 trays in it and outside it, a deeper tray

The plastic tub I mention above was originally marketed for storing "stuff" under bed. It's a large and shallow rectangular tub. 4 trays are 8x10 sized. The last tray is deeper for wash water.

Film is loaded in this room and taken to a bathroom for processing
Print is made in this room and it gets placed in the deeper tub - which I take it to bathroom for a final wash
This room is about 12x12, I think. It's a small spare bedroom.

The only thing I wish I had is a plumbing in this room but I'm not willing to modify my house just yet this way. It's a bit inconvenient for this reason but it works well enough for me to enjoy the process.

Before having this semi-permanent setup, I did everything in master bathroom - dragging my enlarger in every time.