I wasn't implying there was competition Ralph, rather that the text of the article with the BTZS spreadsheet helped explain it's uses. So as you say some documentation will help.

It would be interesting to relate the techniques use to the more practical visual testing of the Zone system as many don't have access to a densitometer.

It's a few years since I was really adept at spreadsheets bur it would be useful if some one could make the WBM one fully functional in Open Office.

Lee highlights why many of us stopped using Microsoft Office, in my case it was complex Access databases used commercially rendered completely useless in new versions of Office with no backwards compatibility.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by RalphLambrecht View Post
Ian

There is no competition here. Use what you prefer, but the BTZS file does not do the same. It does not work with 31-step tablets and requires much more user interaction (more inputs), and I did not find it that easy to use.

With the WBM spreadsheet, you enter the data on the first page, enter the effective film speed on the last page, and you're done. You don't have to read anything off the graphs and enter it numerically (except for once). This relies on some matrix evaluation in Excel and is probably the reason that Open Office doesn't work with it, because it does support it. The final results are also not the same but very similar, except for film speed.

I was asked to do this, and I did. It is not a competition to BTZS. It's a different approach, but you are right, it needs more documentation.