Quite a while since the first round of my comments. Here is round 2:

Allen Friday – Steam Train coming at us. Nice arrangement of the action within the scene, and a well use of tones within the image. I like it.

Black Dog – In a silent way. Crisp foreground with light highlights balances nicely against the dark and brooding ‘skyline’. Nice tonality of the dark grey middle frame growing lighter to where it meets the dark skyline.

Bwakel – Sorry, I know I got your card, but cannot presently locate it to comment on it.

crispinuk – Slices of Southsea. If a well executed triptych is good, then this is great. A great concept, well executed. Obviously the right tool for capturing the image, but with the inspiration to use it so removed from its’ intended market.

Gurgenprinz – A slick image of a crisp old roadster with the details of the streetscape looming in the shadows. The panning streaks in the shadows work very well. And on nice old paper as well.

Hwv – closed up doors in stucco – Nice black texture-less foreground, to near full white in the lower part of the window niches. Fantastic mid tone micro contrast. Delightful symnmetry.

Laurent – Oh, but I like all of the different elements that hang together so well in this image. The straight shadows, the round can tops, the loop of the rope. The sharp texture of the ground playing against the flowing paint stains on the sides of the pails. The placement of the cans on one thirds point ‘lines’ in the image. I am not visually literate enough to better explain why I like it, but I do.

markrewald Mexican stone carving. Very nice. I would love to see how this image works in Lith, both in the current using of the term, and the older print though lithographic films, perhaps to posterize it.

MattKing – Nice use of the classical ‘thirds’ , with sharp versus unsharp working well here also. The foreground shadow of the birch laying over the linear mower lines on the field is also a nice counterpoint. The selenium gives a nice punch in the shadows.

Oxleyroad- Oh, Andrew, you take me back. I too in my youth used to ‘scrounge the tip’ for old salvageable old electronic components fro discarded chassis of tv’s and radios. I like the reference to the ‘Star Wars’ fly though. The text gives the snap to what at first blush might just otherwise be interpreted as a ‘ho hum’ photo of a populated PCB. With the star wars image in my head, I can see evil walkers looming in the upper right, here in the form of an array of what look to be trimmer resistors. At least it is a photo of a board that uses though mount components, and is therefore fixable. Good luck to trying to ever repair a SMT type board

Rob Skeotch – Love the image, and pine for the day the paper is released. Then perhaps I can use a new paper with an interesting surface, instead of hoarding all sorts of old stuff like Ansco and Zone VI from years gone by for these exchanges.

rst – Stairs near Alte Brucke. Effective use of a very neat low vantage point. A good example of the effective use of the profile of the staircase to lead your eye. The barren growth at the top, and the twisting horizontals of the lower steps are very neat as well.

rst image 2 – Alte Brucke. A very nice image of an old stone arch bridge leading to a very intriguing old European town. Oh, some day I will be in a similar place to see such images. Until then, it is post wwII suburbia images that greet my eye daily.

Rtbadman
Post modern window reflections – A neat photo- thanks for swapping me a few copies of it. I think it could be a more powerful image if it was printed on a higher contrast of paper to drop out a few of the lighter middle grey tones, and leave the ‘sky’ reflection as near totally white. Glad you are having fun with a new to you rangefinder.

Valerie
– A photo with simple composition, with a simple camera that packs a lot of punch. The flare and slight fuzziness are what makes this image talk to me of a plainer, simpler world of images to enjoy.